Saturday, March 1, 2014

Three cities, three weekends

March has a lot of adventures in store. I can't wait. As of now, I'll be visiting


and


and 


Paris, Rome and Amsterdam, in that order. If all goes well, look for some pictures of Anne Frank's secret annex, me posing in front of the Louvre, and hopefully some sweet images of Pompeii (I'm working on planning the weekend in Italy today and tomorrow). 

I feel so blessed for the opportunity to be where am. Everything has truly fallen into place for me, and though it's hard to be away from home so long and though my experience so far has definitely not been without hiccups, I'm here, I'm seeing the world just like I always dreamed.

Just to illustrate--three of my former roommates served Mormon missions in Rome. When I asked them for suggestions for my visit, not only did they give me a wealth of wonderful suggestions, but my dear friend Mary actually contacted a Church member about giving me a place to stay. A couple emails later and voila!  My travel buddy Andrea and I will have a free and safe place to sleep for two nights. I am so overwhelmed by the generosity of complete strangers, both in Rome and here in Frankfurt. This church--this gospel--truly ties people together throughout the world, people who extend their goodness wherever they go. It's incredible.

Tell me what you think // Follow me

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, people are SO generous everywhere. I'm excited for our adventures!

    ReplyDelete